My Story

My Story
You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you. -Ray Bradbury

Sunday, March 25, 2012

Spring Break






Who doesn't enjoy a little break during school? I sure do that's for sure! My spring break wasn't as exciting as I would want it, but I'm not complaining. Anyways, to start off I got to hang out with my little nephew, Mason Atticus Txim Lee. Just born on February 18th, he's still infant and still lovable as ever. Because he lives in Milwaukee with my brother and his family it's hard for me to find time to see him. Therefore, seeing him this week made my day and a happy aunt.
Besides, visting my brother's family I also went down to Chicago, Illinois. This one-day trip was very fun. I left early with my sister-in-law and we went shopping to start off. We went shopping around at Woodfield mall. Then after that we went to his large Asian store that's called H-mart. Then after this we were wondering where we should visite next. So, after comtemplating, we decided to go to Ikea. Out of all places, you guys might wonder why we choose Ikea. Well, first of all neither of us has been at this store. Also, I'm looking for a new vanity so this was a good place to start. Before getting to the store what I imagined the store to be like was something the size of Target. Not too big and not to small. However, was I wrong. This store was HUGE. It was three levels tall and was surpringly busy. What I found so fascinating about this store is that they had such cute rooms! It gave me inspirations for my future rooms and it was just fun to look at. Remember, how I said that this store was three levels tall? Well, after strolling around on the second floor my legs started to feel it. Boy, was I tired. Usually, I can walk for a while, but for some odd reason I was just exhausted.
Another event that I went to this weekend was a party for Jar Xiong. She won the Miss Wisconsin pageant and she threw a party for her friends and family. However, something that I want to clarify that this was a Hmong pageant and it is more like Miss Milwaukee rather than Miss Wisconsin. Anyways, she held her party at Emil Mazey Hall. It was fun, but there was a lot of drunk people. But that didn't stop me from enjoying myself. What I thought was the best part was seeing these older folks enjoying themselves. I saw some men around their mid-fortys and they were throwing their hands up in the air. That was so funny to watch. Also, there were ladies who were step-dancing to song which was pretty cool too. After this night, I hope that when I'm around the ages of late 30s-40s I can still party it up.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you had quite the eventful break! Your nephew is freaking adorable by the way(:

    ReplyDelete