My Story

My Story
You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you. -Ray Bradbury

Sunday, April 15, 2012

BirchBox

Just last month I subscribed to a website called BirchBox. To those who don't know, this is a montly subscription that gives sample to full size products. Some of these products are high-end items that you can try without paying the full heafty price.
Each month there's a different theme. With each monthly order, you don't know what samples you're going to get. However, sometimes you are sent a message from their website that shows a sneek peek. What's also nice about this website is that once most of the packages are sent out; experts makes videos and shows you how to use the products. Then lastly, in each box you get five different products and one extra item.
My BirchBox of March theme's was "Beauty Picks." That month BirchBox teamed up with Teen Vogue and put together a box that will help with all your spring formal and special events. Within this box there was: Annick Goutal's Petite Cherie (perfume), Essie's Luxeffects (nail polish), Shiseido's Pureness Oil-Control Blotting Papers, Tarte's LipSurgence lip tint (similar to lipstick), Twistband's Hair tie, and a ModCloth's coupon.
Overall, my thought on this month's selection was pretty nice. I liked Tarte's lip tint. This was my first time using a lip tint, and what was cool about this product is that it was a full sized item. Also, I enjoyed using the blotting paper by Shiseido. Honestly, this product works just as fine as any other blotting paper. I would not reccomend this product, because it's not worth the price. Next, I liked Essie's nail polish. It's a nail polish that has lots of glitter on the inside. This is a fun party nail polish and fits the theme perfectly. As for the other products, I wasn't much a fan of.
Now, for the April box I loved it! The theme for this month is natural wonders. Basically, this month's products are more natural. In this box there was: Benta Berry's G-1 Exfoliating Facial Cleanser (exfoliator), Kahina Giving Beauty's Argan Oil (moisturizer for hair or skin), Kahina Giving Beauty's Facial Lotion, Pur Mineral's 4-in-1 Mineral Tinted Moisturizer (similar to liquid foundation), Wonderstruck Taylor Swift (perfume), and Yes To Blueberries's Brightening Facial Towelettes (wipes).
I just recieved these April items, therefore, I haven't tried any of them yet. However, in one of these up coming post I will review these products and will tell you guys if I would reccomend them or not.
As for the website, this is an awesome site. I would reccomend this to anyone if they would like to try high-end products without having to buy a full sized item. In addition, the price of ten dollars per month with free shipping included it's something that you don't want to miss out. What' s also cool about this site is that you can cancel you're subscription whenever you want. So you don't have to stay commited to this website if you don't like it. Also, if you're a guy or want to buy a friend a gift, you could buy the men's version. Same price and same deal. So with that, I hope you guys enjoyed my review.

No comments:

Post a Comment