My Story

My Story
You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you. -Ray Bradbury

Sunday, April 8, 2012

Nail Art & Review


This post is going to be about my first experience with nail art/design. I've never done this before, so my nails are kind of ugly. Also, please ignore the nail polish on fingers. Anyways, I've come to the conclusion that I do not like designing my nails personally. Sure you can design your nails however you like. Yet, on the other hand it's tedious. Usually, I can't paint my nails because of my work. However, because I don't work as often during the week, I can now paint them however I like. But, ultimately in the end I honestly prefer my nails plain. The reason why is because when you're nails are clear, you can see if there's dirt under your nails.
To the left I have the first half of nail polishes that I used to pain my nails. Starting from left to right I used a white nail polish to line my pinkies. For the price of this product I cannot complain. I bought this at Mighty Dollar by the north side Walmart. Next, is a top coat by the name brand Seche Vite. This is the best selling top coat right now. Thought it smells like straight out alcohol, it is the fastest drying top coat. The next polish is from Sephora, and it's called Opening Night. This is a very deep blue that I randomly added on. Overall, this product is worth it's price. However, it is somewhat on the pricey side for a nailpolish ($9). Next, is essie's Borrowed & Blue. Once again, it's a bit expensive. However, it's an okay nail polish. The downside of this product is that you have to have two coats to make it look nice. Also, I don't like the brush. It's the typical nail polish brush that requires you to brush your nail 2-3 times to get an even coat.
The base coat that I used was from the brand China Glaze. Personally, I feel that a basecoat is a basecoat. Anybrand of base coat would work. This isn't the greatest or worst base coat, however, if you want to try it won't let you down. Overall, not a bad basecoat. Next, I used my Wet n Wild "I need a Refresh-mint." This has been my favorite nail polish over the past two months. It's a fairly cheap nail polish that has vibrant colors. In addition, I love the brush. Their brush is called "ManiCurve" and it is the best. The difference with this brush is that it's wider and covers more surface area compared to your all other typical brushes. Last, I used O.P.I's "Rainbow Connection." I actually used four coats of this polish in order to get the finish I had. It's a great nail polish. Howver, the things that I don't like about it is that after a while, this is the first nail polish that chips off.
This last nail polish I just recently bought. What's cool about this polish is that the white side "shatters/crackles." By the white side shattering, you see the basecoat below. I also forgot to tell you guys, but this nail polish is called ice queen by Revlon. Personally, I thought that this combo would have looked great. However, the blue disappointed me. In the display picture at the store, the base coat was suppose to be more blue. However, when I used it, it looked more like sliver than blue. Also, the white wasn't white enought. Also, I felt that the polish was too thin. Which required you to use more polish to get a better shatter. So, my reccomendation to others is that I wouldn't buy this product. If you really want to try this product, then buy all means sure. However, I wouldn't make another purchase like this again.

No comments:

Post a Comment